Updating your cPanel password in cPanel
If you do remember your cPanel password, you can update your cPanel password directly from your cPanel. You can find a guide on how to access your cPanel here.
Once you are logged into your cPanel, scroll down to the Preferences section and click on the Password & Security App
Once the app loads, you will see the Change Password fields at the top of the screen.
- Old Password
- Enter your existing password
- New Password
- New Password (Again)
- Confirm your new password
- This gauge will show how strong your new password is
- You will need it to turn green before you can save your new password
- You can use the Password Generator to create a secure password for you. Just be sure to copy it down.
- Enable Digest Authentication
- This is required if you plan to use the Web Disk feature with older versions of Windows
- In most cases, leave this unchecked
Once you have all three password fields updated and the Strength gauge is green, click on Change your password now! to update your password.